Looking Back, Moving Forward
As we kick off 2021, we want to thank you again for the part you played in contributing to our business success during 2020. Despite the uncertainty of 2020 ARMI was fortunate enough to not only keep our doors open and business operating, but we were able to hire (59) new team members to our team. Our business was considered “essential” during the national health crisis, and while some positions were able to operate remotely, we had several team members who worked and traveled to jobsites. To show gratitude ARMI was able to provide these dedicated employees with a COVID Appreciation Pay. 2020 was a very humbling year for everyone and we are proud to reflect on some of the positive things we accomplished outside of our normal day to day operations.
Throughout the year we were able to give back to locally…
- We were able to give local elementary and middle schools over $300 worth of school and cleaning supplies
- Over 130 canned food items and non-perishable food items were donated through Life Source International to benefit families in need
- Team members spread the warmth over the holiday season by donating over 40 coats to local families in need
- Brought a few smiles to some kids and families faces by participating in the Festival of Stars Toy Drive benefitting the Arkansas Children’s Hospital for the month of December
- We also supported many great causes…
- Took part of the “Keep America Beautiful Campaign” in November by having a cleanup day around our facility by picking up over 24 pounds of trash and recycling
- Team members took time out of their schedules to participate in #GivingTuesday by writing and delivering letters to deliver to local nursing homes.
- Our team competed in the first Annual Virtual Turkey Trot 5K to benefit the Arkansas FFA
We also implemented many positive changes within our business…
- Made great efforts to lessen our “footprint” to become more environmentally friendly and responsible by implementing a full recycling program around all our facilities. We are now recycling stainless-steel drop, wire brushes, copper, tungsten, carbide, cardboard, and paper
- Installed a detention basin to help manage excess runoff generated by our newly constructed parking lot and the rooftop of our building. This drainage system absorbs all the impurities into a pond area which then goes into a plant area where further impurities absorb before it then runs off into Beaver Lake, keeping our local drinking water pure
- We invested back into the company by purchasing new equipment for maximum efficiency – things such as press brake machine, machining equipment, built on new bathrooms, concrete for dumpsters, equipment and break area, and much more!
We are excited for a new year filled with new opportunities. Wishing you and your team all the best for 2021! Happy New Year!